About Wrist Curl
The Wrist curl is an effective exercise for the forearm muscles that properly target the forearm muscles train and boost strength. It is one of the best exercise that train the flexor of the forearm muscles better than the rest of the workout exercise.
It is performed by putting your forearms on your thighs and flexing the barbell or an EZ-bar. so you will need an EZ bar or barbell straight bar.
How to perform wrist curl with barbell or EZ.
Here is how to properly perform the wrist curl with the barbell or the EZ bar follow this easy step whenever you want to perform it.
- Position yourself very-well and keep a correct position.
- Sit down on a flat bench.
- Put your forearm on your thighs.
- Position your forearms to be comfortable, and lean slightly forward.
- Grab the barbell with an underhand grip.
Your wrist should be right-over your knees and keep your forearms parallel throughout the exercise. You can also hold the barbell with your thumbs at the bottom side of the bar or with the thumbs on top.
However, you can use the EZ-bar to perform the exercise just make sure that you use the bar that makes your wrist more comfortable and makes sure that you do not overweight your wrist.
Flex your wrists and curl the barbell up slowly and holds that position for a second to sure that your forearm muscles are fully contracted and exhale as you do.
Then bring the barbell back to the beginning and inhale as you go.
Repeat the process again to your desired reps.
The down motion should be slightly slower than the up motion.
Move the weight slowly and carefully.
Don’t move your hands around during the curl. Your forearms should remain flat to your thighs.
Your forearms should be contracted both in the high position and lower point of the movement.
Do not overweight yourself to Protect your relaxed joint.
Concentrate and in controlling the weight when performing the exercise.
The weight must not stray or fall off of your hands throughout the performance.
Don’t create momentum or any difficulties that can jeopardize the good performance of this exercise.
Check out this video below for it shows you how to do Wrist Curl With Barbell or EZ
The Precautions and safety guide
Here are the precautions and stay guides you need to follow when doing the wrist curl, follow these training guides whenever you want to do it.
- Keep a correct position and use an underhand grip.
- Position yourself and your forearms to be comfortable your wrist should be right-over your knees keep your forearms parallel throughout the exercise.
- Do not create momentum or any difficulties that can jeopardize the good performance of this exercise. Grab the barbell with an underhand grip Protect your relaxed joint, don’t overweight your wrist.
- Do not move too fast concentrate and contract your forearm muscle. Move the weight slowly and carefully. The down motion should be slightly slower than the up motion and hold for a second at the highest position to contract in both the highest position and lower point.
- Focus concentrated on controlling the weight must not stray or fall off of your hands throughout the performance make sure that your forearms remain flat on your thighs.
The benefits of performing the wrist curl.
- It helps train and strengthen the arms muscles.
- wrist curl is one of the effective forearm exercise that helps train the arms muscle.
- The ideal exercise to target and train the wrist and add more strength to your arms is also to boost more mass forearm muscles.
Does Wrist Curl With Barbell or EZ Train Your Forearm -Conclusion
This post has helped you with a thorough review on does wrist curl with a barbell or EZ train your forearm including video and image to do it.
If you have any question comment or anything concerning this topic please feel free to leave them in the comment section below. If this post helps you please share it with others thanks.