About The Donkey Calf Raise
The donkey calf raise is a strength exercise for the calf aiming at boosting more calf muscles. You are targeting your soleus and gastrocnemius muscles.
This exercise can be performed even without any weight or machine, in that case, you are using your body weight to train your calf. Using a donkey calf raise machine or caring one of your training partners, an old school way to train calf
Carrying your training partner is one of the oldest system used to train calf before the insistence of the donkey calf raise machine or any other type of calf training machine. Set the donkey calf raise machine to your size before begins the exercise.
How To Do Donkey Calf Raise For Soleus And Gastronomius Muscles
Here is how to do donkey calf raise to target and train soleus and gastrocnemius muscle ( muscle at the back of your lower leg). Follow these easy guides whenever you are doing it.
- Position yourself very well by bending down and Position yourself under the donkey machine after you’ve adjusted the donkey calf raise machine.
- Your lower back should be hanging at the safety pad, your feet less than your shoulder-width apart, and bend your knee a little. Put your hand in, on top of the front pad of the donkey machine, and hold the front handle.
- Keep your knees motionless throughout the entire exercise for they should not move around during the performance.
- Your upper body should be parallel to the ground and let the donkey machine back pad rest on the bottom part of your back.
- Check out this video below for it shows you How To Do Donkey Calf Raise For Soleus And Gastronomius Muscles
- Lift your heels up slowly until your calf muscles are stretch.
- Pause that position briefly for a second to fully contract your calf muscles and exhale. Lower your heels again back again slowly to the beginning.
- Repeat the same process again to your reps
- Don’t extend or bend your legs when lifting your heel, don’t move your knees, extend only your ankles.
- However, the down motion should be slightly slower than the up motion. You may need to be observed by an expert or personal trainer. And makes sure to not create any momentum or difficulty that can jeopardize the good performance.
If you are performing it carrying your training partner just have it in mind that your heels can touch the floor, but don’t rest on your heels.
You can increase the stretch at the lowest position of the exercise by standing on a 10 kg plate or a lower box.
Here are the precautions and safety steps during donkey calf raise, follow them for perfect performance whenever you want to do this exercise.
- Position yourself very well focus and be still. Keep a correct position throughout the performance, your feet should be less than your shoulder width.
- Hook your lower back under the donkey calf machine pad tight, the pad must be resting on the lower part of your back don’t rest on your heels, and do not create any difficulty.
- Make sure that you keep your knees motionless throughout the entire exercise, adjust the machine according to your size.
- Keep the calf working and concentrate. Keep only your calf working slow and steady and concentrated.
- Extend only your ankles do not extend or bend your legs when you lift your heel make sure that you don’t move your knees flex harder at the top before slowly lowering the weight back to the starting position.
- The down motion should be slightly slower than the up motion though.
Here are some benefit of doing the donkey calf raise
- An effective exercise to train and strength the calf, the donkey calf raise is an effective exercise in training calf better than eny other exercise.
- It boost strength to the lower body and helps to develop the soleus muscle to the lower calf.
- It is also an effective gastrocnemius exercise that helps with the development of mass and power ot the calf.
- It shapes up your lower body and helps increase muscle tissue. The donkey calf raise helps add a V-shape to your leg and trains the lower leg muscle.
How To Do Donkey Calf Raise For Soleus And Gastronomius Muscles -Conclusion
In this post, we’ve shown you how how to do donkey calf raise for soleus and Gastronomius muscles plus video and image on how to do it.
If you have any question comment or anything concerning this topic please feel free to leave them in the comment section below. If this post helps you please share it with others thanks.