know how to properly target, train, strength, and perfect your obliques abdominal muscles.
Obliques muscle are muscles at both sides of the ab.
There are exercise adaptable that you can do to perfectly target and train them perfectly.
So on this topic I will be showing you 2 of them and how to correctly perform them.
Please If you ever have any question concerning this topic please feel free to leave them at the bottom of the post.
Let Start with the side trunk raise – the hyperextension bench!
A great obliques exercise that is effective enough to target, train and perfect muscles at both sides of your abs.
One of the most important and strength exercises for obliques abdominal.
Both the side of the abdominals will be primarily target and train without any difficulty.
Regulating the hyperextension bench correctly and making a correct position is very crucial to get the performance started.
However, to get the bird view this great exercise that I am talking about here is the overview of it :
Here the Overview of side trunk hyperextension bench !
Exercise type: strength
Target zone: obliques (muscle at both sides of abs)
Equipment: hypertension bench
Once you’ve known now what the side trunk raise hyperextension bench is all about so, let look into how to be accurate in performing this exercise to properly target, train and boost more power to your core.
Follow this easiest step by step guide right here whenever want to embark on side trunk raise hyperextension bench:
How To Do Site Trunk Raise Hypertension Bench!
To get started with this exercise make sure to properly regulate the bench, adjust the hyperextension bench painstakingly to prior to your size!.
- So position yourself on the bench.
- Lei sideways horizontally on the hyperextension bench makes sure that you are very secure.
- Hook your feet up under the footpads tightly.
- Let your lower feet hook tight under the front footpad and makes sure that your upper legs are under the rear footpad.
- Hold-in your knees do not relax on it.
- Don’t extend yours knees fully, and don’t relax it either.
- So, if you like though let your first hand be on your hips and the other arm hangs down relaxed.
- Or you might want to put your hands behind your heard closer to your ears.
- Move with your head slightly below your hip level slowly.
- Then bend up till your right/ left abs side muscles are fully stretch and hold that position for a second for more contraction.
- Then inhale as you go at the same time.
- Move back to the beginning position and exhale as you move painstakingly.
- You can then repeat the exact again for the side of your abdominal.
- Repeat the process to prior the rep that you have at hand.
what are safety measures to take during Site Trunk Raise Hypertension Bench?
Here are the safety measures to take into considerations when performing this great exercise for a perfect performance without jeopardizing the good momentum so follow these rules here to have safety performance :
- Make sure to adjust the hyperextension bench first to perfectly fit for your position.
- Position yourself very well on the bench, take care don’t fall off from it !, makes sure to hood up your legs, your feet and position your body tight on it horizontally.
- Do not twist your upper body when you move up or down throughout the process, hold it a second at the highest position to makes sure that your obliques muscles are fully stretch and contract properly.
- Plus makes sure that when you move, the down motion should be slightly slower than the up motion, and mind you, at the lowest position your obliques muscles must fully stretch and contract.
- Don’t extend you or relax your knees fully for you might fall out from the bench.
- If the hip pad is hard for your likings you might want to put a piece of foam or a fitness mat in between your hips and on the pad.
- Do these take note of all of them take care of your self whenever you are doing Site Trunk Raise Hypertension Bench, do not hot yourself!
- And upon doing this exercise you might need to be observed by your gym trainer, your personal trainer or one of your gym Friends that know doing it right.
Continue with the cable side bend
The cable side cable bend is other great obliques exercise, gym performance exercise to target and train your side abdominal muscles.
A universal pulley machine is needed to get started with this exercise, including the cable attach to it.
Primarily the cable side bend will train, crunch and prefect your obliques effectively.
However, If you don’t want to do dumbbell side bend, the cable side bent it is the better alternative.
Great strength training exercise that will make you feel the effect right there exactly at the sides of your abs.
See the overview here :
Overview cable side bend
Exercise type: strength
Target zone: obliques muscles
Equipment Needed: universal pulley
How to do cable side bend!
- So to get is easy, position yourself to the front of the pulley machine and select the weight to get started.
- Just makes not overweight yourself so that you can be able to get the full control and also for better performance.
- It is always better to start with the lightweight then when your muscles warms-up you can then add up more weight.
- So stand upright in an erect position, with your feet on the ground firm and about one shoulder-width apart.
- Don’t hollow your back, let your back be straight and extend your legs a little.
- Mind you, the grip you are going to be using for this exercise is underhand grip, your palm should be facing your shoulder.
- Grab the handle of the pulley machine while still looking straight forward and your other hand on your head or closer to your side.
- Pull up the handle bending your upper body slowly to left, that is if you are training the right side ab.
- Pull the handle as far as you can stretch and hold that position for a second till the side of your abdominals is fully stretch and contracted.
- Then go back down to the starting position. Don’t twist your body, the other side of your ab must also partially stretched.
- You can then repeat the same process again for the other side of your abs muscle.
what are the safety measures to take during cable side bend?
Follow these safety measures for better performance anytime you want to perform this exercise :
- Don’t overweight your self, load weight that your power can be able to control through the performance.
- Remember that you don’t want the weight to control you, it’s you that will has to control the weight, don’t let it drag you back to itself.
- Position your self properly don’t hollow your back, let your feet remain still firmly on the floor throughout the performance.
- Use an underhand grip for better performance.
Bend only your upper body in a layer and look straight, don’t bend back and forth during the performance.
Move slowly don’t rush your self, the movement should be slow and steady
This is How you train and perfect your obliques, these are effective obliques training exercise that you should be doing to the perfect, strengthen, maintain and stay healthy.
These 2 great exercise gives huge benefits that you could ever imagine are including
The benefits doing of side trunk raise hyperextension bench and the cable side bend..
Great exercise for more abdominal strength and obliques abdominal perfection.
These exercise will helps to effectively target, train and perfect your sides ab muscles more than any other exercise does.
Great to lose some excess belly fat and more calories out of your belly.
If these 2 are performed correctly, regularly and with a good diet plant take into consideration you could lose more belly fat and stay healthier.
I will like to hear from you all and if you ever have any questions, comment or anything concerning this topic or maybe you’ve got ways that you use to do your own and you want us to know about it.
Please feel free to leave all your questions and comments down below and we will be more than happy to hear from you all, thanks.