To perform this exercise you need a decline bench and pair of dumbbells. on the decline bench press, it advised to perform it by starting with lightweight because compared to incline bench press where you are in the incline position. on decline chest bench press you are in the decline position so it is better to get started with lightweight, do not overweight your for you might find it difficult to control the weight properly. Get used to getting the weight in place before moving up to doing it.
Or you may want to rest the weight on your knees at the “top” of the movement as you get into the position and bring them back to your chest as you get into the position.
How To Train Lower Part Of Chest With Decline Bench Press
Here is how to work out the decline dumbbell bench press to target the lower part of the chest better., follow this easy guide whenever you want to do it.
- Grab a pair of dumbbells and position yourself on the decline bench.
- While still on the decline bench and grabbing the two dumbbells in an overhand grip. Rest the dumbbells in an upright position on the edge of your knees.
- Carefully lie on the flat bench bringing the dumbbells to the sides of your torso at your chest level.
- It may take you some practice to cash-up with this exercise especially if you are newer to this exercise but just make sure you don’t overweight yourself.
- Bring the dumbbells up simultaneously slowly and adjust the dumbbells with your arms fully extended at right angles to the floor.
- Press the weight up to the locked position making sure that the dumbbells are held directly over your chest area, slightly touching each other with palms facing forward.
- Bend your arms slowly and carefully lower both dumbbells slowly and concentrate.
- Try to not bounce the weight from your chest and keep your elbows out and away from the trunk of your body.
- Then, press the weight back up from the sides of your chest to the starting position. Repeat the same process again to your desire reps.
The down motion should be slightly slower than the up motion.
Focus and concentrate don’t let the weight stray or fall off from your hands hold it well.
Your feet should be planted firmly during and throughout the process.
Check out this video below for it shows you How To Train Lower Part Of Chest With Decline Bench Press
Here are the safety measures to take during the decline dumbbell bench press.
- Keep a correct position and use overhand grips your position should be well in line with the exercise. Your feet must be planted firmly during the exercise grasp two dumbbells in an overhand grip keeping your elbows out and away from the trunk of your body.
- Don’t move too fast concentrate do not overweight bend your arms slowly and carefully lower both dumbbells.
- Focus and concentrate don’t let the weight stray or fall off from your hands hold it well, do not bounce the weight from your chest make sure that the dumbbells held directly over your chest area, slightly touching each other with palms facing forward.
- It helps train and boost more extra chest muscles.
- It helps in training the triceps and the front of the shoulders and it also helps build good definition to the chest.
- The decline dumbbell bench press is one of the great exercise that trains and gives you more extra chest muscle.
- It targets and trains the lower chest better than any other exercise.
How To Train Lower Part Of Chest With Decline Bench Press -Conclusion
- This post has helped you with a thorough review on How To Train the Lower Part Of the Chest With a Decline Bench Press including videos and image to do it.
If you have any question comment or anything concerning this topic please feel free to leave them in the comment section below. If this post helps you please share it with others thanks.