I’m going to be walking you through the Reverse Barbell Curl Standing-Forearm Exercise Guide train your forearm in the right way also include video and image on how to properly perform it however if you have a question concerning this topic please feel free to leave them at the comment section.
About Reverse Barbell Curl Standing
The reverse barbell curl is a great strength exercise for the forearms muscle. It is similar to the barbell biceps curl standing, but how you the grab barbell is what makes it to be different. It is performed holding the bar with an overhand grip while the barbell biceps curl is performed with an underhand grip.
It is one of the best forearm exercise to train and strengthen your forearm muscles effectively.
To perform the reverse barbell curl standing you need a straight bar or an EZ-bar. It can be performed seated on a preacher bench or standing and holding and curling the barbell. Reverse barbell curl also trains the bicep muscles partially.
Reverse Barbell Curl Standing Forearm Exercise Guide
Here is How to perform reverse barbell curl standing, follow this easy guide anytime you want to do it.
- Position yourself very well by standing straight and looking straight forward.
- Grab the barbell with an overhand grip.
- Curl the weight up carefully and Slowly and hold that position for a second to fully contract your forearm muscles.
- Curl down until your elbows are fully extended and your forearms muscle is fully stretched.
(Your fingers should be on the top of the bar and your thumbs are on the bottom).
Keep your elbows still and close to your waist.
Your hands should be at your shoulder width and the upper arms remain vertical to your body.
round your back Slightly and do not lean back.
Don’t move your legs. Curl up until your hands are over the elbow height and exhale at the same time.
Let Your back and your upper arms remain still throughout.
Don’t lean back and forth or move your legs when you curl up the barbell. Load the weight that your power can control.
- Lower the barbell back to the beginning position slowly.
- Repeat the same process again to your desired repetitions.
The down motion should be slightly slower than the down motion. Your legs must not move around during the performance.
You must be concentrated throughout the performance, and do not create any momentum or difficulties to yourself during the performance.
Focus and make sure you are controlling the weight do not let it fall or stray off from your hands.
You may need to be supervised by an expert or a personal trainer.
Check out this video below for it shows you how to properly Reverse Barbell Curl Standing-Forearm Exercise Guide
Precautions and safety
Here are safety steps to a perfect reverse barbell curl performance, follow this anytime you want to do it.
- Keep a good position and concentrate.
- Keep your elbows still and close to your waist, your fingers must be on the top of the bar and your thumbs on the bottom. (use an overhand grip).
- Let your hands are at your shoulder width and the upper arms remain vertical to your body.
- Round your back slightly but do not lean back when curling.
- Move slowly and steady don’t move too fast and remain still when you Curl up or go back to the beginning position.
- Lower down until your elbows are fully extended and your forearm muscles are fully stretched.
- The down motion must be slightly slower than the down motion and your legs must not move around during the performance.
- Moderate the weight for more efficient
- Load the weight that your can power can control and don’t overweight yourself.
- The weight must not fall or stray off of your hands and you must be in full control throughout the performance.
Here are the benefits of doing in reverse barbell curl.
- Its target, trains and boost strength to the forearm and the wrist.
- The reverse barbell curl helps train the arms muscle effectively and partially train the biceps and triceps.
- It is a great exercise that adds more muscle and strength to your arms and train the wrist.
Did you enjoy this article? shear it around or have any comments? Leave them down below.
This post has shown you how to perfectly perform Back Extension-Back Exercise Performance including video images and text on how to do it.
If you have any question comment or anything concerning this topic please feel free to leave them in the comment section below. If this post helps you please share it with others thanks.