Dumbbell Hammer Curls – Biceps Exercise.
Hammer curls is of great exercise to train the top of the biceps for full contraction a and give biceps a great shape.
Hammer curls workout
Position yourself and grab pair of dumbbells, stand upright face forward holding the dumbbells. Slightly bend your knees and make sure that your back is straight.
Do not hollow your back, keep your elbows at your waist when performing throughout. Extend your arms fully and hold the dumbbells with your thumbs pointing straight forward. Your shoulders should be slightly low as you curl the dumbbells up and keep your abdominals contracted
Then, curl up the dumbbells until the weights almost touch your shoulders and your biceps are fully contracted and exhale as you go.
It is advised to shift your chest forward a few cm as you curl the dumbbells up and press your shoulders down but do not elevate your shoulders. Don’t let the dumbbells fall down or stray off, do not overweight yourself hands and don’t twist your hands curling it up.
Squeeze the biceps and press the dumbbells against your shoulders for some seconds so that you fill the intensity of the contraction.
Then, return to the beginning position. The down motion should be slightly slower than the up motion, don’t lean back or forward when you curl up you must remain still, move the dumbbell slowly and carefully.
You may need to be supervised by an expert or personal trainer. You should be in full control of the weight throughout the exercise, don’t let the weight control you. Repeat the process again to your desire reps.Do not create any momentum or difficulties to yourself during this exercise.
Down bellow are 15 more important fitness exercises, workouts that you should lookup to that would help you transform and re-balance your body:
- Front plate raises
- Reverse curl barbel
- EZ or barbell abdominal rollout
- Single leg standing calf raise dumbbell
- standing shrug
- stillleg deadlift
- Donkey calf raise
- seated cable raw workout
- standing dumbbell curls
- Triceps bench dip
- Abdominal side bent for your obliques
- Wrist curl with the barbell or EZ
- Decline bench press chest exercise
- One arm dumbbell rows to straighten your back
- Barbell lunge for your gluts
Safety steps to take when performing hammer curls .
- Be straight and keep a correct position
- Keep your back is straight and do not hollow your back throughout the performance.
- Keep your elbows at your waist when you curl up and down throughout
- Do not twist your hands when curling it up.
- Shift your chest forward a few cm as you curl, extend your arms fully.
- Move slowly and be concentrate
- Move the dumbbell slowly and carefully
- The down motion should be slightly slower than the up motion
- Don’t let the dumbbells fall or stray off of your hands
- Be concentrated don’t lean back or forward
- When you are curling remain still.
- Your shoulders must be slightly low as you curl the dumbbells up
- Keep your abdominals contracted, Squeeze the biceps for some seconds
Hammer curls benefits to health.
- Its train and boost the biceps
- Hammer curl is one of the great exercise helps train build more mass biceps muscle.
- It is also help with more strength.
- Hammer curls help to developing more size in the biceps.
- It is one of the best biceps exercise you can do for your biceps extensions.