How To Do The Barbell Abdominal Side Bend Obliques Exercise
It is one of the best side ab training exercise that effectively targets and train both sides of abs (obliques). On this topic, I am going to be walking you through How To Do The Barbell Abdominal Side Bend Obliques Exercise train your side abs including video and image on how to perform it. If you have any questions concerning this topic please feel free to leave them in the comment section.
About Barbell Abdominal Side Bend
A strength to tone and boost more power to the muscles at the side of the ab. It is advised to perform the barbell abdominal side bend at the end of your abdominal exercise.
You will need a straight barbell for this exercise, but Side bend is a great abdominal exercise to trains obliques and can also be performed by holding two dumbbells bending side by side.
How To perform The Barbell Abdominal Side Bend.
- Position yourself by standing upright, keep your head up high and look front.
- Grasp the straight barbell or dumbbells while standing with your feet about shoulder-width apart.
- Place a light barbell of about 10 to 25 kg on your shoulders.
Make sure that you keep your knees almost extended throughout the entire exercise and you must be looking forward and straight don’t bend yourself forward or backward.
- Bend to the left slowly while still keeping the straight line and inhale.
- Bend down until the right side of your ab is slightly stretched.
- Make sure that your body and your barbell stay in one layer as you bend to the left side.
- Exhale as you move back up slowly. Bend down to the right side again, with that your left side of your ab stretched.
- Move back to the begging position and exhale slowly.
- Repeat the process again to your desire repetitions.
- Do not stay close to the wall when performing the exercise leave at least one inch from the wall, so that you wouldn’t hit it with the barbell. You must be moving slowly carefully, and be concentrate.
The strength comes from the right side of your ab, so do not bend your knees, keep your hips still. Make sure you do not twist your upper body and do not bend your knees, don’t move your hips either. This exercise must be performed with good care taken into consideration. This exercise should be performed correctly and with concentration do not create any momentum or difficulty that will jeopardize the good performance of it.
Check out this video below for it shows you How To Do The Barbell Abdominal Side Bend Obliques Exercise
- Keep a correct position and stand straight. Position yourself very well your feet should be about your shoulder-width apart.
- Do not stay close to the wall leave at least one inch from the wall make sure that your body and your barbell stay in one layer as you bend right to left.
- Do not bend your knees you must be looking forward and straight don’t twist your upper body.
- Make sure that to keep your knees almost extended throughout the entire exercise don’t bend yourself forward or backward. Bend to the left, but still keeping it real straight forward do not move your hips either, and keep your hips still.
- Move slowly don’t rush yourself bend slowly to the side down until the side muscle of your ab is slightly stretched make sure that the side of your ab is stretched.
- Don’t overweight yourself start with a light barbell of 10 to 25 kg on your shoulders.
- Benefits in performing the barbell abdominal side bend huge here are some of them.
- Great strength exercise to train and strength the abdominal muscles. The barbell abdominal side bend helps train the abdominal muscle strength and trains your obliques. It is one of the exercise that train both side abs better.
- It is effective to boost more mass and also help to lose some excess belly fat when is done regularly with a good diet.
How To Do The Barbell Abdominal Side Bend Obliques Exercise-Conclusion
This post has shown you how to do the barbell abdominal side bend obliques exercise including video and image.
If you have any question comment or anything concerning this topic please feel free to leave them in the comment section below. If this post helps you please share it with others thanks.