Dumbbell Calf Raise On One Leg Train Your Calf The Right Way
I’m going to be walking you through how to do the dumbbell calf raise one leg to train your calf in the right way also include video and image on how to properly perform it however if you have question concerning this topic please feel free to leave them at the comment section.
About Dumbbell Calf Raise On One Leg
Dumbbell calf raise on one leg is an effective exercise that helps to target and train the calf muscles, it is one of the best legs exercise that train and strengthen the lower part of the body and it aiming at training one leg at a time to boost more muscle to the calf.
It is an important lower body exercise that doesn’t require machine to carried out. Infarct the calf raise dumbbell is performed with the dumbbell, however, it can still be performed without a dumbbell too using your body weight to train your calf even better. The dumbbell calf raise is usually done on a plate or a step box, but you can also do it on a flat floor.
Dumbbell Calf Raise On One Leg Workout Guide
Here is how to do a dumbbell calf raise on one leg, follow this easy step when ever you want to perform it.
- Position yourself very well, Stand upright holding a dumbbell in your hand with one of your leg on the floor.
- You can also put your leg on a floor or a stair, but it is better to perform it using a step for more efficiency.
- Hold the dumbbell in your left hand, and hold support with your right hand, If you are training the left calf first Support yourself with the other hand and put the right instep behind your left heel for good stability.
- Extend your heel below the box height in a way that your calf is slightly stretched, extend your heel until your calf muscle is fully contracted then inhale as you go.
- When you go up hold up the high position for at least 2 to 3 seconds before you then lower your heel again slowly back to the begging position and exhale as you go.
The weight should not rest on the joint. While still keeping your knee still do not move the dumbbell and do not relax your ankle too much . Do not pull yourself up with the other hand. Your right foot must be resting behind the left heel.
Make sure that your upper body is straight throughout the exercise process and the dumbbell close to your thigh.
Don’t create any momentum or any difficulty for yourself during the performance.
It is advised to Perform this exercise in a correct manner and do not bounce up and down.
Your calf must be fully stretch at the lowest position of the movement and the down motion should be slightly slower than the up motion.
Check out this video below for it shows you how to properly perform dumbbell calf raise on one leg to train your calf the right way
Precautions and safety guide
Here are the precoustion and safety guides to take when performing dumbbell calf raise on one leg.
- Support and Position yourself very well.
- Support yourself with the other hand but do not pull yourself up with your hand.
- Hold and place the dumbbell close to your thigh.
- Keep your leg straight and so as to be able to stretch your calf very well.
- Make sure that your upper body is straight throughout the exercise process.
- keep the calf fully stretched and do not relax your ankle too much.
- Do not let the weight rest on your joint.
- Hold the highest position for short moment at list 2 to 3 seconds.
- The up motion should be slightly slower than the down motion.
- Concentrate don’t let the weight fall off of your hand.
Here are some of the benefits of performing the dumbbell calf raise on one leg.
- It is effective in training and to boost more muscles in your calf.
- Dumbbell calf raise is an important leg exercise that helps target and train and add strength to the lower body.
- It help to Shape up your lower body and also helps in increasing muscle tissue ever without using dumbbells.
- It helps with the development of mass and power in your legs.
- It is a compound exercise.
- Dumbbell calf raise on one leg is a compound leg exercise that helps anytime anywhere to train the quadriceps muscles.
- It helps to train your calf in the right way.
This post has shown you how to perfectly perform dumbbell calf raise on one leg to train your calf the right way including video images and text on how to do it.
If you have any question comment or anything concerning this topic please feel free to leave them in the comment section below. If this post helps you please share it with others thanks.